|Three different lanes of the market|
Well, of course, my first impression about Khan Market in New Delhi was influenced by the fact that it’s known to be ‘upmarket’. The very notion, kind of, builds a fake wall around. However, as you make several visits, it unveils its charisma beyond being an elite shopping hub. It is one of the world’s costliest markets hands down. But, does that mean if you don’t have big bucks to shell out, you are an alien here? Nope!
There are quite a few things to bring you back here – not just bars and cafes, designer labels or brands, but something unusual. Read on.
· Books and cafes – A reader cannot do without a good cup of coffee perhaps. That’s why Khan Market has got a perfect haven for book lovers - There's a variety of book stores and cafes for you!
· Back lane strolling – If you are there just to roam around, not a bad idea! Khan Market’s back lanes are particularly charming. It’s a lethal combination with a hint of raw street life and a glamorous high-end life.
· Laid-back hangout – There’s nothing very fast-paced. The atmosphere is very quiet and sober. Just be there with like-minded people and spend endless coffee-sipping hours.
|Faqir Chand and Sons Book Store - one of the old charms|
|Cafe Turtle along with a book store|
· Foodie’s favorite – There’s no way you will not admire the food options available. Chocolate delights, spicy non-vegetarian stuff and exotic platters – mouth watering, right?
· Old world essence – Behind the big brands and labels, there’s a hidden essence of tradition and heritage. Every nook and corner of the market has a certain kind of uniqueness to boast about. Even if you don't shop at all, you will still have some accentuated remembrances in your mind after you leave the market.
· Architecture – What I found most amazing about the market is that it’s not built in a manner to impress, which is contrary to the fact that it’s a renowned elite market. Its architecture is very simple, very inviting for those who just like to loiter aimlessly. If I may say so, it’s a bit unsophisticated, which makes it more captivating.
· Exclusiveness – Well, if you do buy something from the market, it is definitely exclusive. Whether it’s shoes, clothes, bags, accessories, household stuff or anything else for that matter, it is a great shopping experience.
|Fun of street shopping|
|Chocolate lovers have a place to head to|
|Good Earth - Home decor showroom|
Being the capital city of India, Delhi has many reasons to be celebrated and talked about, but there are a few legacies to savour quite seriously – Khan Market is one of them.